How we work
Practical solutions from people with the skill set to help
We connect you with successful leaders who have all run and grown businesses. Using their knowledge and experience, they work with you to develop your skills and confidence, improve your management team’s effectiveness, create clear business strategies and ultimately grow your business.
We’ve helped businesses overcome a wide variety of challenges
Delivering Sales Growth
Building Successful Management Teams
Improving Your Business’ Operational Performance
Developing an Effective Business Strategy
Transitioning From Owner Managed to Management Team.
Improving Your Logistics & Supply Chain.
Transitioning From Offline to Online.
Scenario 1: Delivering Sales Growth
Sales growth is the lifeblood of any business.
To achieve this, you need an effective sales strategy. We understand this and follow our proven strategy to deliver sales growth for you.
How do we do this?
- Proven strategy to build a sales pipeline and deliver growth for you.
- We build an understanding of your customer’s behaviour through measuring how long it takes to win new customers, their lifecycle profitability and your sales conversion rate.
- We define the key stages of the sales process and identify the opportunities where conversion can be increased.
- We work with you to ensure the team is aligned, you have access to the right information and a clear method of implementation and measure of success.
Scenario 2: Building Successful Management Teams
Multiplying the power of you is a crucial stage in any business’ development.
Building your management team is fundamental to this. We help businesses to successfully achieve this.
How do we do this?
- We work with you to identify those who can deal with increased scale and complexity, and those that can’t, early and act.
- We believe time invested in assessing your team’s strengths and any gaps you have will pay dividends in the longer term. We focus on the skills and mindset required for where the business is now and where it wants to be in the future.
- We develop a team structure that focuses on having the right people in the right roles and who share a passion for growth.
Scenario 3: Improving Your Business’ Operational Performance
Developing an operational platform capable of meeting customer requirements is a critical success factor for any business. We work with our clients to build them.
How do we do this?
- We start with understanding the customer and market requirements, where are we in relation to them and where do we want to be?
- We work with you to identify the “operational gap” and then build processes to overcome them.
- We create a clear step plan that enables you to get to where you want to be and then work alongside you to implement it.
Scenario 4: Developing an Effective Business Strategy
An effective business strategy shapes both the key objectives and the everyday activity and behaviour of the business. Our effective approach focuses on both these key elements and delivers results for our clients.
How do we do this?
- We start with your “vision” of what you want your business to be, identify your long-term goals. These provide a template for behaviour; for decision making; it fosters employee “buy in” and help to connect with customers.
- We then translate the vision into your business plan, which are your key objectives based around your longer-term goals. We build a realistic plan factoring in time and resources.
- At this point you will have clear long-term goals that are aligned to your vision. We work with you to support your implementation and ensure that your strategy is delivered.
Scenario 5: Managing Succession
Successfully managing succession is crucial for the long term success of any business.
Our practical approach has helped many businesses navigate through this stage of their development.
How do we do this?
- We work with you to build the succession plan. Every business is unique, so we focus on where we are now and where we want to be and over what time period.
- We build the “bridge” between the two and create implementation practical steps for both the individuals and the business.
- We support the implementation through one to one mentoring, facilitate knowledge transfer workshops and practical advice.
Scenario 6: Transitioning From Owner Managed to Management Team.
We help entrepreneurs.
We transition from being the entrepreneur/owner manager to creating a management team is a unique challenge for any business owner. We help entrepreneurs to successfully navigate through this journey.
How do we do this?
- This transition is very personal and so we initially look to understand your leadership style and how this can impact on the transition. We cover areas such as how much time is spent with the team, the communication style that is used and an understanding of how decisions are made.
- Once understood, we work with you to evolve this and establish a leadership style that focuses on behaviour that will inspire and empower others, that provides clarity of what needs to be done and why and encourages clear and open communication.
- With the leadership style in place we build a plan to transition the responsibilities that will change from the entrepreneur to the management team. Covering areas such as decision making parameters, meetings and reporting.
Scenario 7: Improving Your Logistics & Supply Chain.
Improving your logistics and supply chain.
Successful business growth is under pinned by offered outstanding customer service. In most businesses, logistics play a significant part in delivering this experience.
- You may want improve efficiency, reduce costs or increase accuracy. Our specialist support team follow a structured process to identify the key drivers for success and work with you to develop a sustainable solution.
- Our services include process improvement, warehouse layout, automation and warehouse management systems implementation or optimisation.
Scenario 8: Transitioning From Offline to Online.
Transitioning from offline to online.
Transformative technology is increasingly viable, accessible and lower in cost.
- We help you keep pace with your competitors, enhance your customer experience, reduce your costs and change your internal culture.
- We provide a broad framework for identifying digital business enhancement opportunities, successfully managing the procurement process and successful deployment.
Hints and tips
We offer a free business hints and tips service. Sent twice a week, they cover a wide range of topics including leadership, performance management, personal effectiveness, enhancing sales, getting the most out of your team and developing and delivering an effective business strategy.
Business Leadership Academy
Our four day programme turns Managers into Leaders, and is designed specifically for SMEs, covering:
- Business structure and governance
- Planning and strategy
- Leadership and management
- Getting the best from your people
If you would like a brief overview of our Business Leadership Academy programme – click here.
If you would like further information, please – click here.
Business Leadership Accelerator
Bespoke, in company programme, across four half days…
Every programme is bespoke to your requirements, but broadly focuses on:
- Opportunities and challenges in your business
- Improving management performance and effectiveness
- Engaging your employees and recruitment
Many business owners and leaders struggle to step over the gap between intentions and results. Successful people overcome this because they appreciate the power of sharing, the clarity of thought that comes through working with others who can share their experiences and working with people whose knowledge can benefit them.
Working on a regular basis with a business mentor can start to bridge that important gap between what we want to do with our business and what we actually do with our business.
Our one to one mentoring sessions help our clients to deliver the results they want.
The last couple of years have been extremely challenging. At BHP Consulting our team of experienced business leaders have been working hard with clients to help them through the initial crisis.
Our Masterclasses cover a range of key areas including:
- Strategy & leadership in challenging times
- Developing & maximising remote sales activities
- The power of digital marketing
- Improving your operational capability and capacity
Business Operational Improvement projects
A sound operational process creates enables a business to review performance and develop a clear set of opportunities for improvement in efficiency or productivity. In addition it enables measurable Management actions to be cascaded through the business improving overall performance.
We work with clients to create an improvement path, with measurable outcomes that positively impact their overall profitability. Our experienced team have successfully run numerous projects and develop solutions that are specifically tailored to the needs of your business and are focused on delivering sustainable and measurable business benefits.
Please contact Paul Blackman (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details and a free initial discussion.
Use arrows to scroll
The world today is increasingly uncertain, which ramps up the pressure to succeed and the pace at which you're expected to react. This makes effective business leadership an even harder task. We're seeing the pace of change increase enormously with…
What ambitions do you have for your business? How do you perceive its progress into the future? Do you know how you'll translate this vision into a positive business strategy with clearly defined goals?
At BHP we work with SMEs to help them drive profile, orders and profitability via their marketing activities. Here we pick our top five activities which make the most significant difference to marketing results.
What do you see when you picture an ‘entrepreneur’? Most people might imagine someone like Richard Branson or Elon Musk; a larger than life character or a disruptor who can turn anything into profit. Or someone who launches a successful start-up,…